Sorry not to have gotten back to you quicker. Also sorry I am not the Alan you need to ask this question of. I had not participated in this thread, merely read the posts with interest. Checking back to July 2nd, it was Alan Eder of the Herb Albert School of Music, California Institute of the Arts, Valencia CA,
Phone: 661 904 6483. It was he that mentioned rosin in solution & powdered forms. I have not the occasion to try it, but would guess the solvent to be Isopropyl or Denatured Alcohol, or maybe Lacquer Thinner, or Acetone. Each of those evaporates at ever faster rates than the one I listed before. Once you have some rosin, try a tiny bit with each solvent to see what dissolves the powder. Mind the buildup of the fumes: Isopropyl is less toxic than the others, Medical folks wipe you down with it to kill germs, but, high concentrations can still affect you adversely breathing it or explode from a spark or flame. While Acetone is nastier with greater risk of fire.
(I shared that in case you do not reach Mr. Eder.) Good luck. I hope you heal in good time from that Lyme disease. It's not fun I have heard. Take care,
Alan Hoeckelman, RPT
SCC Music Tech
St. Charles Community College
4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr.
Cottleville, MO 63376-2865