Pianotech

• 1.  Don Gilmore and Randy Potter

Posted 11-19-2022 15:57
    Two questions:

Any news on Don Gilmore's self-tuning piano device? I haven't seen any new info on his webpage, I've emailed him and snail-mailed him and have received no response in return.

Anyone know how to get the "G" Piano Works Repair Labor Guide booklet? I can only find it available online on Randy Potter's webpage, however, the transaction for purchase won't go through on Android smartphone or on Desktop computer and I emailed Randy Potter with no response.

Thanks.

------------------------------
    Cobrun Sells
    cobrun94@yahoo.com

• 2.  RE: Don Gilmore and Randy Potter

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 11-19-2022 19:44
    PTG sells a little pocket guide of estimated repair times for about $5. I have Joe Garret's Labor Guide book but rarely consult it. The little booklet works just fine for me. Of course, it's not quite as complete, but for 99% of the jobs I bid on it works just fine.

Benjamin Sanchez, RPT
    Piano Technician / Artisan
    (256) 947-9999
    www.professional-piano-services.com

• 3.  RE: Don Gilmore and Randy Potter

Posted 11-20-2022 11:20
    Who is Randy Potter?

Terry Farrell
    Farrell Piano Service, Inc.
    Brandon, Florida
    terry@farrellpiano.com
    813-684-3505

• 4.  RE: Don Gilmore and Randy Potter

Posted 11-20-2022 12:03
    Oh, Terry...Randy Potter of the long known Randy Potter Home Piano Tuning Correspondence Course. Online I only found the "G" Piano Works booklet on the Randy Potter Course website, so that's why I brought up Randy Potter. Really, all I am in search for is that Joe Garrett "G" Piano Works booklet.

Since the booklet is no longer easily publicly available...if anyone has a copy they no longer use, I'll buy it from you.

Cobrun Sells
    cobrun94@yahoo.com

• 5.  RE: Don Gilmore and Randy Potter

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 11-20-2022 13:49
    I took the Randy Potter course about 25 years ago. Thought it was terrific. Gave me the foundation I needed to learn more and become the full time tech I am today. Too bad Randi's become so scarce. 

I got my copy of the "G" Piano Works guide, by Joseph Garrett, RPT, as part of the Potter package. You might try contacting him to see if he still has some. You also might try posting your request on to the Google PianoTech group. The Google group is almost dead these days because everything anyone posts there pretty quickly turns into a flame war, but it was Joe's favorite place.

Geoff Sykes, RPT
    Los Angeles CA

• 6.  RE: Don Gilmore and Randy Potter

Posted 11-22-2022 05:44
    Cobrun S. wrote: "....I emailed Randy Potter with no response."

Try Randi Potter.

Terry Farrell
    Farrell Piano Service, Inc.
    Brandon, Florida