CAUT

• 1.  Steinway Spirio

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 01-25-2023 09:09
    Any CAUT have a Spirio in your fleet?  
    We are getting a B Spirio and I'm looking for recommendation about casters and/or dolly.
    Also about the Spiriocast connections and network bottlenecking, if any.

------------------------------
    Dave Foster, RPT
    Michigan State University

• 2.  RE: Steinway Spirio

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 01-25-2023 12:50
    I have no experience with Spirit, but I learned recently that Steinway will be at the Arlington convention this summer, with a concert and classes. I believe most of that will be Spirio oriented (I suspect including the concert).
    Regards,
    Fred Sturm
    http://fredsturm.net
    www.artoftuning.com
    "A mind is not a vessel to be filled, but a fire to be kindled." Plutarch

• 3.  RE: Steinway Spirio

Posted 01-26-2023 06:56
    I attended the Spirio service class at the factory back in 2019 when I worked for the local Steinway dealer and have several that I take care of now. None of them are in institutional settings but the usual dollies or casters that you use now should be fine. I will be interested to know if you run into any issues with lag time or interruptions while running Spiriocast. If the bandwidth where the piano will be is strong I doubt you will have any problems. The video connections are very straightforward and your local Spirio tech should be able to troubleshoot any problems you have when they come to calibrate the piano on site. Tech support through Steinway has been very helpful and great to work with when I have needed them.

Jeffrey Cutler
    University of Wisconsin Eau Claire
    (651) 398-6293