Pianotech

• 1.  Dawson string cover

Posted 03-14-2024 02:49
      I've seen a post on Dawson string covers here through search so I think I'll ask here.
      I'm trying to contact Dawson to get one for my grand piano but they are not responding.
      Did anyone here buy from them before? Are they in US and legit?
      https://www.dawsonstringcovers.com/

I went to another seller, Clark Piano Services, that says they are the local supplier for Dawson strings, but in Australia. 
      https://clarkpianoservices.com.au/products/grand-piano-string-covers/

I am neither in US nor Australia.
      Clark Piano is very responsive to my email, so it's a good thing. 
      I want to find out if Clark is also a good alternative to buy from, or not. Anyone knows them? 
      Since I will be paying a large sum of money (dont want it to be a scam)

• 2.  RE: Dawson string cover

Registered Piano Technician
      Posted 03-14-2024 18:46
      I've had good experiences with Dawson String Covers for many years. While I can't provide insight into their current responsiveness, I can share that their products have consistently met my expectations in the past.

Allan Sutton, m.mus. RPT, TEC
      www.pianotechniquemontreal.com

• 3.  RE: Dawson string cover

Posted 03-15-2024 02:26

Thanks, glad to know they are good. I will try to contact them through facebook instead

• 4.  RE: Dawson string cover

Posted 03-14-2024 20:23

Dawson String Covers is based in Florida USA and I have purchased many covers from them over the years. In fact I just installed a maroon cover in a Boston Grand Piano. It fits perfectly and looks great. The company is totally legitimate and not a scam. The material is 100 % wool and of the highest quality. I am not sure how he handles orders from outside the US or if he uses distributors. I do know that he only sells through technicians .

------------------------------
      James Kelly
      Owner- Fur Elise Piano Service
      Pawleys Island SC
      (843) 325-4357

• 5.  RE: Dawson string cover

Posted 03-15-2024 02:38

Thank you.
      I wonder why Dawson didnt reply my email for a purchase.

Now that I know that they sell through technicians, it sort of make sense since the one in Australia is a piano technician/tuner website. 
      Just interesting they could get it from Dawson which is in USA, to sell in Australia.
      The only place which I could find advertising on google in my country was rather fishy, scammy with a suspicious address and I am hesitant to buy from them because they dissuaded me from visiting their office to check out.

I will try facebook to contact Dawson and see if I can directly purchase from them.

• 6.  RE: Dawson string cover

Registered Piano Technician
      Posted 03-15-2024 08:38

Dawson string cover is run by Clark Dawson and his wife in Florida.  They are great to work with and their string covers are beautiful. I could not recommend the more highly.  If you send an email and did not hear back check the email address or call them.  They are always very responsive.

David

David Weiss Piano Service
      434-823-9733 Mobile
      www.davidweisspiano.com

David Weiss RPT
      Crozet VA
      (434) 823-9733
      davidweisspiano@gmail.com