CAUT

• 1.  Fun in NYC

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 09-21-2022 16:30
      |   view attached

I am in NY this week; I delivered a Regier Graf copy for a concert tomorrow.  I knew there wasn't a freight elevator at the rehearsal space, but I didn't quite realize what I was I for.  The piano had to come down 13 steps to a landing, then down another 13 to the bottom.  Today we hauled it back up again, tomorrow it goes to Alice Tully.  American Classical Orchestra with Petra Somlai playing Beethoven 3rd.

• 2.  RE: Fun in NYC

Posted 09-21-2022 16:35
    Better get yourself one of those stair climbing piano dollies for next time :-) 
    Regards,
    Fred Sturm
    "When I smell a flower, I don't think about how it was cultivated. I like to listen to music the same way." Mompou

• 3.  RE: Fun in NYC

Posted 09-21-2022 23:15

I know that space well – Demeena center, Cary hall!

Kawai has provided pianos for a festival that uses that hall, and we had to move 2 Shigeru EX pianos down the stairs, then back up!  Huge job for 5 guys moving very heavy pianos!

Don Mannino

Sent from Mail for Windows 11

• 4.  RE: Fun in NYC

Posted 09-22-2022 07:35

• 5.  RE: Fun in NYC

Posted 09-22-2022 08:34
    Since Don mentioned the pianos had to be carried I propose changing the name from Cary Hall to Carry Hall

Ken - is that really your last name Walkup ?  There are plenty of those in NYCs  - buildings with no elevators but lots of stairs to walkup....

------------------------------
    James Kelly
    Owner- Fur Elise Piano Service
    Pawleys Island SC
    (843) 325-4357
    ------------------------------