Pianotech

• 1.  grand player photos needed

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 11-30-2022 17:22
    Greetings,
    Anyone have photos of grand pneumatic systems, especially illustrating how to take the action out?
    If so, please contact me directly at editor@ptg.org.

This is for a Journal article that could use a few more photos. I'll send you the text involved that needs the photos.
    thanks!

------------------------------
    Scott Cole, RPT
    rvpianotuner.com
    Talent, OR
    (541-601-9033

• 2.  RE: grand player photos needed

Posted 12-06-2022 00:32
    There are various types of grand player systems, each having their own idiosyncrasies. I suggest contacting someone like John Teach, John Tuttle or posting on one  of the player piano facebook pages.

Jurgen Goering

• 3.  RE: grand player photos needed

Posted 12-06-2022 09:50
    Scott ... Do you have a specific piano in mind or player system ? I have not seen too many grand pneumatic systems but I have a customer who has one in a piano that was allegedly owned by someone in the Disney family. One of my PTG Chapter colleagues may be able to help because he works on players and there was a fellow in Greenville that rebuilt many as well as one that lives in my area. Not long ago I bought a player repair manual to troubleshoot a rewind problem on a standard pneumatic unit of a small spinet.  Send me the text file and I will check around...

James Kelly
    Owner- Fur Elise Piano Service
    Pawleys Island SC
    (843) 325-4357

• 4.  RE: grand player photos needed

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 12-06-2022 10:13
    Scott,
    The Mechanical Music Digest is a good resource:   www.mmdigest.com/home
    My brother Robbie Rhodes is the editor.  You can reach him using the "Contact Form" on the MMD Website: https://www.mmdigest.com/Contact
    John Granholm can provide additional information.

John Rhodes
    Vancouver WA
    (360) 721-0728
    jrhodes@pacifier.com