CAUT

• 1.  Highest-quality tuning lever tips?

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 07-14-2022 08:40

Hi group, 
    I've been impressed with the performance of the tuning lever tips I purchased from BKB before they closed shop in 2019. To clarify, these BKB tips are still going strong, and offer what I consider to be excellent performance after several years of use.  

Can anyone recommend another source of highest-quality tuning tips compatible with Hale style threads? Or, for that matter, highest-quality tips comparable with another style of lever (Jahn, Schaff, etc.)?

To me, your experience with the product is more valuable than manufacturer's promotional material, of which there is plenty. 

Thanks! 

------------------------------
    Kate Redding

• 2.  RE: Highest-quality tuning lever tips?

Posted 07-14-2022 09:14
    I haven't tried them all, but I stopped when I got to the Reyburn tips (with the little mouse on them). I don't know if I have a BKB dud, but they Reyburn has a much better fit with less play. Anyone want to buy my BKB? LOL!

Maggie Jusiel, RPT
    Athens, WV
    (304)952-8615
    mags@timandmaggie.net

• 3.  RE: Highest-quality tuning lever tips?

Posted 07-17-2022 21:58
    Hi-

I've heard great things about the BKB tips but never owned one. I did buy the Reyburn tip with mouse imprint at a Convention and it literally wore out in less than 3 months.  Maybe it was a bad one but that was my experience and what it is. 

Thanks,
    D. 
    --
    Dennis Johnson
    Piano Technician / Music
    Office: 507-786-3587Mobile: 612-599-6437 
    1520 St. Olaf Avenue Northfield, MN 55057