CAUT

• 1.  Hopeful request from your Board Liaison

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 04-09-2023 21:57

Hello CAUT-

Happy Easter and Passover

I am running into many hopeful future RPT's who want to get started on their exam journey. It used to be that all chapter presidents would have the written exam forms with them at meetings and could give the written exam at any meeting or have someone come to their house to take the exam. 
    Now, since the written exam is online, the requirements to proctor an exam are just to be an RPT who has done the 15 minute online training and be willing to sit in a room with the examinee(s) as they work on their laptop to complete the exam. 

I am including the instructions from the written exam guru, Robert Guenther.  I hope some of you take up the torch and help out by making yourselves available. (not necessarily during concert season)

The simplest and best info is to instruct your members to go online to the PTG Store

find the EXAM VOUCHER category, 
         and purchase a $25 voucher for the WRITTEN EXAM. 
    After doing that, they will get an electronic receipt for their payment, 
         and I will receive a notification that the payment has been made. 
    Then I will send them some study guide materials, 
         plus instructions about how to schedule the exam and how to log in to the exam website.

If you are interested in facilitating written exams for people in your area, please contact Robert Guenther
    ~Robert Guenther, RPT 
    Chair, Written Exam Subcommittee 
    Exam and Test Standards Committee (ETSC) 
    847-673-8863  (cell/text) 
    r.guenther.rpt@gmail.com 

Please call or text or email with any questions.

------------------------------
    Lisa Weller, RPT, WRVP
    wrvp@ptg.org
    (562) 431-8564
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Hopeful request from your Board Liaison

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 04-11-2023 13:55

Thanks for this post, Lisa. I'm a chapter president and hadn't thought about this.

Maybe you could post to ptg-l. Great tip. I'm going to forward it to my chapter.

Ruth