Pianotech

my business Janssen Piano Services is for sale

• 1.  my business Janssen Piano Services is for sale

Posted 08-04-2022 00:55

Greetings,

Since an exciting opportunity came along for my wife and me, semi-retirement on the gulf coast in Florida, I am putting my business up for sale per immediately.

I founded my business, Janssen Piano Services, in March 2007 and service the Coweta and Fayette counties, plus Carrollton, Douglasville and LaGrange.

My business has been growing steadily and currently I have 1,900 + active customers of which over 100 are churches, schools, university

>90% of my business comes from referrals and the remainder from my website

My website  www.janssenpiano.com is being reviewed for key words through seo to make sure it shows on the first page, which is does

I have 7 strategically chosen domain names

Phone number and domain names are part of the business

I use Gazelle and my customer database will be part of the business

Average income over the past 5 years:  $ 110k (2016 and 2017 were much slower as my wife was going through a terminal illness from which she passed in June 2017, and in 2018 I remarried, we put a lot of time in selling both of our homes and then bought a new home with all the work that's involved in that).  Last year's income was $135 and I project to be making $120k this year.

Note:    I work only 80%

It's a one person operation (me). Sometimes when a customer is too far away or wants their piano tuned right away, I refer them to a semi-retired colleague of mine and they will be his customer so not in my books.

I do 4 to 6 tunings every day (4 days per week). Note: when I have to do a pitch correction plus a tuning, I consider that 2 tunings.

I get 4 to 6 calls a day, sometimes there will be days without a call, but an average of 4 calls each day and my existing customers can book online through the Gazelle Network program (it will send them automated reminders once I have tuned their piano and we have established a tuning frequency).

In 2020 and 2021, I got 180 new customers each year

My direct costs (tools, professional dues, supplies, advertising through my website, cell phone, cost of goods sold, etc.), have been $14k for each 2020 and 2021

I drive an average of 1,000 miles each month, which costs are not reflected in my direct costs as my car is not in the Janssen Piano Services books (I just take the mileage deduction).

I only take checks, Zelle, PayPal or cash as payment.  In all the years of doing business, I have had only 2 customers who said they would send me a check in the mail and those 2 checks have been in the mail for more than 10 years now.

My business is not advertising on any of the social media sites and no paid advertising, except for my website.

My workshop is in my home where I have my tools, supplies, my workbenches and I use it only for rebuilding actions, regulations, minor repairs (such as replacing the worn hammer spring cords of the Asian hammer flanges (Yamaha upright pianos) or repairing the overly tight flanges of the Korean made pianos).

I stopped taking on new orders for rebuilding/reconditioning and refinishing pianos in my workshop when I moved to my new home in Peachtree City a little over 4 years ago and have since rebuilt and refinished a Chickering 5'4", a Baldwin M and currently working on a Chas M Stieff 5'2" which will be the very last piano I will recondition/rebuild/refinish.

Customers who have asked me to put a player system in their piano, I have always referred to Cooper Piano, Piano Works (and Roger Aycock until probably 6 years ago), and inquiries for total rebuilds to Cooper Piano and Piano Works.  Inquiries for new pianos, I have always referred to afore mentioned piano stores and Piano Distributors.

Should you or someone you know, be interested, please contact me on my cell (678 416 8055) or email address: janssenpianoservices@gmail.com

Thank you,
    Peter

------------------------------
    Petrus Janssen
    Peachtree City GA
    (678) 416-8055
    ------------------------------