Pianotech

• 1.  Kurzweil Player System

Posted 11-12-2022 12:29
    Help .. I am looking for any user manuals and knowledge about Kurzweil electronic player systems put on Young Chang pianos in the mid-late 1990's. Young Chang purchased Kurzeweil in 1995 and I have a Pramberger Soignature Series PG-150 client with this system. Piano is circa 1998/1999 hardly used and the same with the player which has a 3.5 inch diskette, CD player, MIDI built in, Silent piano feature and record strip. I believe there was some collaboration with QRS but cant find anything . Larry Fine's Piano Book supplement shows the Kurzweil model priced about $25k in the late 1990s early 2000

------------------------------
    James Kelly
    Owner- Fur Elise Piano Service
    Pawleys Island SC
    (843) 325-4357

• 2.  RE: Kurzweil Player System

Posted 11-15-2022 16:31
    James,

I did a deep dive into the internet trying to find this for you and no luck on my end.  I assume you tried that already, but sometimes things pop up.

Good luck!
    Patrick

Patrick Greene
    OWNER
    Knoxville TN
    (865) 384-6582

• 3.  RE: Kurzweil Player System

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 11-17-2022 08:10
    I have run into these in the past, but it's been a while. To my memory you are correct in that they are QRS based systems. Do you have a QRS calibration box? If so you should be able to plug into the processor and do the calibration of the keys and pedals.

Roy Peters RPT
    Cincinnati OH
    (513) 515-0973
    RPTRPTRPT

• 4.  RE: Kurzweil Player System

Posted 11-17-2022 21:26
    I do have a calibration box aka knob box for QRS systems. I have to contact QRS since I do think there was a connection. Seems like there should be manuals someplace. So far I have not located very much at all other than a quick start guide that was in the bench. At my next visit I am at least going to take the time to plug it in....

James Kelly
    Owner- Fur Elise Piano Service
    Pawleys Island SC
    (843) 325-4357