Pianotech

• 1.  Need restringing in homes on Maui

Posted 03-25-2023 18:59
    Hello Friends,

I'm still trying hard to find a good tuner/tech who would like to live on Maui in Hawaii.  I'm the only PTG member here and could use another qualified tech.

In the meantime, does anyone know of a good tech who might be willing to come here to do restringing in a couple of people's homes?  I'm not super fast at restringing so I don't want to do it.  I probably have all or most of the supplies needed, though someone might want to bring the tools that they are most comfortable with.  I have a couple of clients with Steinway grands who want them restrung but they are adamant about not having them moved out of their house.  I could probably also throw in a Yamaha GB-1 that's in my shop with old strings removed and pretty much ready to go.

I have accommodations available in a new 40' RV with pull-outs and high ceilings on our property in the woods at the 2600' foot level of upcountry Maui.  For anyone interested in a long-term position, this would be a good introduction, but at this point I'm happy to have someone come just for the restringing.

Thanks for any recommendations!
    Tim Jasnau
    MauiPianoTuning.com

• 2.  RE: Need restringing in homes on Maui

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 03-26-2023 06:54

Tim,

An interesting idea.  I'm assuming cost is no object or barrier. 

Peter Grey Piano Doctor 

------------------------------
    Peter Grey
    Stratham NH
    (603) 686-2395
    pianodoctor57@gmail.com
    ------------------------------

• 3.  RE: Need restringing in homes on Maui

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 03-26-2023 12:00
    Tim, 

Since I retired from Kawai a few months ago, this might be something I can  help with. I love stringing, and can get it done reasonable fast. 

I'll be in touch privately. 

Sorry, I'm not interested in doing full time home service, though. 

Don Mannino
    Sent from my phone.