CAUT

• 1.  Pianotek Supply

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 02-05-2024 11:57

I guess we all heard that Bob Marinelli sold Pianotek Supply to Schaff. I had sort of assumed that Schaff would absorb Pianotek, but I see that the Pianotek website is still up and functioning, and it seems likely one can successfully order through that site. 

Can anyone confirm details of the transition of ownership, and of whether or not Pianotek is functioning more or less independently?

------------------------------
    Fred Sturm
    University of New Mexico
    fssturm@unm.edu
    http://fredsturm.net
    http://www.artoftuning.com
    "We either make ourselves happy or miserable. The amount of work is the same." - Carlos Casteneda

• 2.  RE: Pianotek Supply

Posted 02-05-2024 12:26
    Hi, Fred,

While I cannot speak to the ownership question, I can relate that I am still ordering from PianoTek via the old site; and that, so far, everything has been processed without trouble or even delay.

I certainly hope that continues to be the case.

Kind regards.

Horace

Original Message

• 3.  RE: Pianotek Supply

Posted 02-07-2024 22:04
    I placed an order yesterday for a gallon of Protek from the Pianotek website.  Order was processed through Schaff.

Gary Bruce, RPT, CAGA
    Certified Appraiser
    (405) 413-TUNE (8863)

• 4.  RE: Pianotek Supply

Posted 02-08-2024 23:27

I just checked with Schaff. It looks like the vast majority of the items PianoTek sold now appear on Schaff's website. 

Benjamin Sanchez, RPT
    Piano Technician / Artisan
    (256) 947-9999
    www.professional-piano-services.com

• 5.  RE: Pianotek Supply

Posted 02-06-2024 21:01
    Hi you probably have your answer already.  I just placed the school's order with Schaff.  When I spoke with them I asked if they had completed adding the PTS inventory to the Schaff and they said no.  But you can order using the PTS part# so maybe you can order directly from PTS web site.  I think calling Schaff is best thing to do having the PTS part numbers handy.  

Sent from Gmail Mobile

• 6.  RE: Pianotek Supply

Posted 02-06-2024 21:21
    I was told recently that Bob will remain on contract with Schaff through this year to insure as smooth a transition as possible.  That could explain why the old website still works.  May he enjoy a well-deserved wonderful retirement, but he will be missed.  

Best,
    Dennis.