CAUT

• 1.  PTG junk emails

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 12-01-2023 13:09

Has anyone had trouble with PTG messages automatically going to junk mail? My computer has been doing that for a few weeks now. I didn't change any settings; it just started, and I don't know how to fix it. I've just been moving all the emails back to my inbox. Yesterday were 28 PTG emails that I had to move.  I get my emails delivered in real time.

Richard West

------------------------------
    Richard West RPT
    Oro Valley AZ
    (402) 570-4409
    440richard@gmail.com
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: PTG junk emails

Posted 12-02-2023 11:02
    HI Richard,
    I see you have a gmail.com address. It's easy to set up a filter to make sure certain important email don't go to junk. You have to use gmail's web interface for this. Tap the gear in the upper right hand corner, choose sthe show me everything option, then filters.

Hope that helps,

-Dean
    1-888-SOFT-440  or 1-888-763-8440
    Reyburn Piano Service, Inc.
    Reyburn Pianoworks
    Precision retrofit piano keyboards
    http://www.reyburnpianoworks.com

Reyburn Piano Tech tools

• 3.  RE: PTG junk emails

Posted 12-03-2023 13:25
    Thanks, Dean,

I'm still having PTG emails go to junk, along with the real junk. The first suggestion (putting PTG in my contacts) didn't work. Your second choice left me baffled because I was given no choices when I clicked on the little circle at the top of my email column.  I just got the message "Filter by: unread." Then, I actually went into my google account and searched. I wasn't able to find anything that really addressed the issue. I tried the support area and found an interesting message that was about my exact problem. The question had been "locked." No answer. Eighteen others were apparently locked as well.

Perhaps it's a thing Google is working on. It started right after one of the recent computer upgrades. So I'm still checking junk and moving non-junk back into my in box. There ought to be some place to be able to label individual posts or related groups of posts as junk, or non junk. It used to be the case that just moving a post to junk labeled it as junk and moving a post out of junk, removed the junk label and following posts would stay in the inbox. 

Richard