CAUT

• 1.  Rebuilding Prices

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 10-17-2022 21:11
    I'm working on a little project and looking for a few volunteers to help me out. I'm compiling a list of approximate retail price ranges for various stages of restoration of Steinway grands. I'm looking for some experienced rebuilders to fill out a short questionnaire with some very round numbers for typical rebuilding jobs. I'm happy to pay $100 to each person who completes the questionnaire.

Your identity will remain confidential. The information will be combined statistically with those of others. It will NOT be used to give rebuilding quotes to customers, so no one will ever come to you and say "But Larry Fine said it would only cost this much". The information, if ever published, will be used primarily by piano technicians in the course of appraising pianos that have been partially restored over time.

If you are an experienced rebuilder, completing the questionnaire will probably take under an hour, and you may be able to do it solely from your memory (though you're welcome to use references if you wish).

Please contact me directly at larry@pianobook.com if you're interested in volunteering. Thank you.

Larry Fine

------------------------------
    Larry Fine
    San Diego, CA
    ------------------------------