Pianotech

• 1.  Top of the line Hammond Glider Saw on Ebay

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 03-07-2024 09:46

I just wanted to share this item that just came up on ebay.  It's a top of the line Hammond Glider saw designed for cutting letter press type.  It's a precision saw with a sliding table and a quickclamp and precision fence. The blade is screwed to it's mandrel so you can cut across the face of the blade.   It's the best ever for saw tapering hammers and sorts of things needed in the business of piano work.  I saw my first one at Ronsen Piano hammer in 1981.   Bought one for $40. at a auction bidding against scrap metal dealers.   They getting harder and harder to find now.   This one is in San Diego.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335291516638?mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11021.m43.l1120&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=2a0910add5544e4e9cde8c8154a125b5&bu=43086795605&ut=RU&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20240307073044&segname=11021

------------------------------
    David Stanwood
    stanwoodpiano.com
    stanwood@tiac.net
    508-693-1583

• 2.  RE: Top of the line Hammond Glider Saw on Ebay

Posted 03-07-2024 21:49
    Ah, if I were just a bit younger I'd be on my way down to pick it up. Thanks for posting this. Not all great tools are new tools. Sometimes old tools are the best.

ddf

• 3.  RE: Top of the line Hammond Glider Saw on Ebay

Posted 03-08-2024 08:39

Thanks for the share, David. If it wasn't over 2100 miles away...

I appreciate you keeping an eye out on items like that and I'm sure this will benefit one of us.

Best regards,

Allan

Allan Gilreath, RPT

President – Allan Gilreath & Associates, Inc.

Email: allan@allangilreath.com

www.allangilreath.com

706-602-7667

PO Box 1133 – Calhoun, GA 30703-1133

| Facebook | Google Maps |

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this communication, including attachments, may contain privileged and confidential information that is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by email immediately.

• 4.  RE: Top of the line Hammond Glider Saw on Ebay

Posted 03-10-2024 11:07

This post and the lead cutter reminds me of my junior high school classes. I enjoyed print shop, but today you would probably not be allowed to touch the lead type that we set. In science class it was fun to play with the mercury on your hands – not allowed today. And then there were the X-Ray machines in shoe stores when you went to buy a pair of shoes – interesting to see your toes wiggle in the viewer. Regards, Norman.

Norman Brickman
    Potomac Piano Service
    Potomac, Maryland
    potomacpiano@verizon.net
    https://potomacpiano.com
    (301) 983.9321