Electronic Tuning

View Only
  • 1.  Verituner Question

Posted 02-15-2024 12:32

Hello all, I've been restoring a piano that is significantly flat (half a step) and hasn't been tuned in years, just looking for advice and tips on how to overpull correctly and get the most from this app. Also any explanation about how it calculates inharmonicity so I can better use in tandem with my tools would be greatly appreciated! Any tips or tricks you've come across are also welcome, thank you for your time

------------------------------
    Jared Moore
    Carrollton TX
    (972) 273-9792

• 2.  RE: Verituner Question

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 02-15-2024 19:11

Hi Jared, I haven't used VeriTuner in some years but I believe it's over pull offsets are reasonable. That said, the VeriTuner website has a user group forum so you should get good answers there. You can download the VT manual from their website.

If you haven't been doing substantial pitch raises often it would be best to first go through the piano pulling it up without overpull, then use the overpull options to pull it up from resulting approx 20 cents flat first pass.

Patrick Draine RPT
    Billerica MA
    (978) 663-9690

• 3.  RE: Verituner Question

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 03-18-2024 08:22

I agree with Patrick on this. Also, apply some lube (Jon Page's CBL is what I use...follow his instructions) to the counterbearing points prior to yanking things around. It will help you  as well as reduce the possibility of string breakage in the process. 

Peter Grey Piano Doctor 

Peter Grey
    Stratham NH
    (603) 686-2395
    pianodoctor57@gmail.com