Pianotech

• 1.  Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 04-25-2023 10:59

tinyurl.com/steinwayNRSA

Be sure to check out the SALARY on this job!!! HINT: It's $50-$65K!

------------------------------
    John Minor
    The Piano Shop Inc
    Champaign IL
    thepianoshopcu@gmail.com
    www.thepianoshopcu.com

• 2.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-25-2023 11:23
    In Burma, all you need to become a doctor is a high school diploma and 2 years of medical school. 
    At. Steinway, all you need is 2 years experience to work on the (supposedly) the best piano in the world, and satisfy thousands of Steinway owners. 
    I'll have a better chance of becoming a doctor. 

Wim

• 3.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-25-2023 13:02

So I guess this is Kent Webb's former position?  He is a fine technician with years of experience.  When I started both of my CAUT positions, first at Nebraska, now at Uof SC.  They only asked for 5 years experience. I guess my previous 15 years before Nebraska helped, and 8 years there helped me get my current position.

I wonder what Steinway is really looking for....? Just somebody cheaper?

Paul

• 4.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-25-2023 13:54
    I don't think the ad is for the "manager" position which Kent Webb had as of September 2021. Don't know if he's retired; he's certainly been with Steinway for a long time. Ben Gac also works at Steinway as a Technical Trainer and head of Steinway's 2 year apprenticeship program. I didn't know Steinway had such a program. 

I think Steinway does quite a bit of factory training. I've been there several times over the years. Piano manufacturers have to do factory training just to be fully staffed and keep factory positions full. And many educate technicians to be regular home service and concert level techs. Those are all resources that should be better publicized.  

For anyone interested here's a link that gives a little info about the apprenticeship program, but not much: https://www.steinway.com/misc/apprenticeship-program  

Richard West

• 5.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-25-2023 14:01
    Ooops, the link I sent doesn't take you to the apprenticeship program. I found the site by googling Steinway apprenticeship program, so try that, if you're interested.

Richard

• 6.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-26-2023 14:23
    Daniel DiBiasio, who is the current president of the NYC chapter told me that he now holds the position that Kent Webb held. I

Joe Wiencek
    NYC

• 7.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-25-2023 19:28

This looks to me like they need someone to run the Steinway Marketplace program. The responsibilities match up with what Glen Bingham was doing. Steinway has never paid much as a starting salary but things get better if you last a while.

Karl Roeder
    Pompano Beach FL

• 8.  RE: Steinway job offer National Retail Service Administrator

Posted 04-26-2023 11:38

Karl, what is the "Steinway Marketplace program"? 

Patrick Draine RPT
    Billerica MA
    (978) 663-9690