Pianotech

• 1.  Where is model number on 1985 Bosendorfer?

Posted 05-24-2022 22:29
    I'm trying to get a replacement string for a Bosendorfer grand. I saw in the ptg forum that J D Grant has the specs for these. But of course they need the model and all I could find was a serial number. The piano is a 2 hr drive from me but I can get someone to find the model number if I can tell them where they should look. The piano was a donation to a community college years ago and they have no idea what model it is.

I have searched the web at large and the PTG forum but I cannot find out where to look for the model number.

I am reluctant to rely on only the size of the piano because the specs would not necessarily be the same for a 1985 model as same size model now.

Why would they make it so hard to find the model?

------------------------------
    Barbara Barasa
    Ashland OR
    (541) 552-9349
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Where is model number on 1985 Bosendorfer?

Registered Piano Technician
    Posted 05-24-2022 22:44
    If you have the serial number, contact Dave Durben at Yamaha, ddurben@yamaha.com, and ask him for the model. They will even provide you with the strings you need. 

Wim

• 3.  RE: Where is model number on 1985 Bosendorfer?

Posted 05-24-2022 23:58
    Thanks, Wim. Wasn't sure whether Yamaha would be faster or not. I have enounter very
    few Bosendorfers in the 40 years I've been a tech, and never had to replace anything on the
    few I did encounter.

I've emailed Dave and I'll hope for the best!

Barb