Communication is a Two-Way Street
Paul Adams, RPT
During our 2019 convention in Tucson, there were numerous requests to improve communication. The following is a list of the current opportunities for communication. These can provide dialogue among our members and between members and the PTG board of directors (BOD).
• 264 forums on my.ptg.org.
• Regional forums produced by each regional vice president (RVP).
• PTG-L, our political forum available to all members, providing you opt-in.
• Council Long Range Planning, found online at tinyurl.com/y3237vbx. This is where the discussion will continue after the long-range plan was presented to Council, approved at the post-Council board meeting and posted online at ptg.org in the Member Area, Forms & Documents section.
• RVP newsletters. Hard copies are snail-mailed to each member three weeks after each BOD meeting.
• Regional vice presidents:
Chris Labarre, RPT – firstname.lastname@example.org
George W.R. "Bill" Davis, RPT – email@example.com
Douglas Garman, RPT – firstname.lastname@example.org
Michael Gutowski, RPT – email@example.com
Jim Coleman, Jr., RPT – firstname.lastname@example.org
David Stoneman, RPT – email@example.com
David Stocker, RPT – firstname.lastname@example.org
• Executive Committee:
Paul Adams, RPT – email@example.com
Marc Poulin, RPT – firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Fariss, RPT – email@example.com
• Other avenues of communication include: PTG E-News, Leader Letters, the Journal online, PTG Academy Online and Journal President’s Message. All of the above are posted on the PTG home page in the Member’s Corner section, on the top right-hand side of my.ptg.org.
• Our main website, ptg.org
• Facebook Messenger
• Attending meetings. All board meetings are open to all members.
• Face-to-face at events
• Surveys: Our last poll from the Presidential Task Group had only a 16% response.
• There will be a new column added to the Journal, as needed, entitled “Board Updates.” Any questions or concerns should be posted to your Regional Communities.
Since one of the top ten ways to cause the demise of any organization is to not participate, I implore all of you to do so. We have many communication avenues already in place. Direct any questions or comments to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I look forward to hearing from you at any time. Please remember, “Communication is a Two-Way Street.”